Head lice is common problem. Usually they infect children’s hair. When children get lice, their scalp will be itchy because head lice bite it to feed. That’s way they will always scratch scalp. However, they need blood to survive and breed.
No hair is immune from head lice wether it is smooth or coarse. So if you ask can black people get head lice? Now you know the answer is yes, they do. These tiny parasites reproduce so quickly. It is a little bit difficult to remove them from hair within a few days. There are many modern remedies for solving lice problem but they have uncomfortable side effects. So, we can choose the traditional remedies to remove head lice from our hair.
One of the top home remedies getting rid from lice is with garlic. The strong fragrance will kill head lice but how to remove head lice with garlic? Let’s see the step on below;
- Take 8 or 10 cloves of fresh garlic then grind them into a paste texture.
- Mix garlic paste with 3 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Apply this mixture onto scalp.
- Cover the scalp with a towel for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with hot water.
- Comb hair to remove dead lice.
If you want to reduce garlic fragrance, you may combaining garlic paste with other ingredients such as:
- Some teaspoons of cooking oil
- Lemon extract
- Green tea
- Shampoo, and
Some people don’t really like garlic fragrance, we can use friendly smell ingredient like olive oil. Remove head lice with olive oil is so easy.
- Just apply thoroughly over scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 3 hours to ensure head lice can not breath.
- Rinse hair with shampoo.
- Comb it to get rid from dead lice.
Repeat these home remedies untill all lice and nits are gone from the hair.